manneken pis

----- Original Message -----
From: lauf-s
Subject: piss elegant

.......By then, Jackson was too drunk to care. Weaving and incoherent, he walked into the apartment where Connolly's party was already under way, crossed the room, unzipped his pants, and peed in the marble fireplace.

The demons were loose again
Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith, Jackson Pollack: An American Saga (New York: Harper Perennial, 1991) pp. 468-9.

........ A few minutes later Jim says "Where's the loo?" Somebody says, "Oh, it's upstairs." Jim says, "Fuck the loo" or something, goes into the space outside, in front of this unbelievable white screen, turns round and pisses against the glass, with about a hundred people who could look nowhere else. Like on a cinema screen.'

.........Explanations vary, but the basic image remains: Jim, with a big grin on his face, peeing against the glass.
Mark Girouard, Big Jim: The Life and Work of James Stirling (London: Chatto & Windus, 1998), pp. 124-5.

In the future, everyone will piss for 15 minutes.
the posthumous Duchamp
Lauf, your post here remembers me a movie with a great father played by Burt Lancaster dying slowly , during a family party when looking at Fred Astaire dancing with some partner on a TV screen. One night before such passing,on a beach nearby he describes to his family-s young descendance the pleasure of peeing in the sea. In wich those descendants send him to be buried like a viking warrior.I could add i recycle some nitrogen nutrients adding those produced in the early morning to the local composter in the backyard of the garden. And crossing barefooted the humid grass is like placing the foots in some sea, too.recycling can be elegant, isn't?what we consider "trash" is a source of richness for others... (industrial scrap recyclers or worms under our ground)(and peeing can become a very lucrative attraction near the grand'place of brussels)P.

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...