Re: Heidegger home page censored in Germany

> Pete,
>
> Any explanation for WHY the Heidegger site was censored (allegedly) in
> Germany? That is most peculiar. My guess is that it might be because of
> copyright infringements. You may know how protective Heidegger's family is
> about that.

Yes, the short answer is that it was on the same server, webcom, as a
holcaust revisionist site, along with thousands of other sites. The
censors basically removed webcom from German Domain Name Servers. By
this morning the holocaust revisionist site was being mirrored at
major american universities, so the censors have backed off. At least
folks in Germany can get through to the Heidegger home page again.

There's a site following this brouhaha:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/declan/www/Not_By_Me_Not_My_Views/censorship.html

Pete