RE: H & Xianity

>Why H. thinks B & T failed - and this is never a total jettisoning - so
>perhaps this is better, why it needs re-orientating in fundamental ways;
>this is a whole other subject. An interesting one though - anyone care to
>start a discussion?
>
>Cheers,
>Jacob Knee

The failure of B&T? A couple of related questions:

As the failure of transcendental existential phenomenology? In what sense
has the preparatory fundamental analysis of Dasein itself failed? It was to
lay the ground for an ontology of being qua being, in terms of temporality
(Temporalitaet rather than Zeitlichkeit). The analysis of Zeitlichkeit as
the being of Dasein was carried through, but on the basis of then grasping
the meaning of being as a concept. It has been suggested somewhere that
this early notion of the conceptuality of being gave way to the essence of
thinking as poesis, which leads to my next question:

'Failure' as the beginning of the end, the culmination, of his early
immature thinking? An end which leads on through to the rectorate address
and his engagement with a critique of Nietzsche and Nazism. The failure of
B&T might be read as the necessity of the 'turning' which perhaps finds its
earliest expression in 'On the essence of truth'. In what senses does
Heidegger's relation to the 'truth of existence' undergo a change from his
earlier Kantian work through to his writings on will? Can it be put merely
in terms of a more explicitly poetic relation to truth?

Malcolm