Re: Heidegger/Mathematics/Infinity/Speech

Recently "HE WOBBLES, BUT HE WON'T FALL DOWN" wrote in response to my post
"Heidegger/Mathematics/Infinity"

>What do you mean by 'speech'? Discourse? Logos?

The following is a (slightly banal) speech...

By speech I mean the articulate saying of some thing in some way. Most
likely it would take the form of a written text or an oratory, but it need
not. More essentially I am referring to a logos, again likely taking the
form of a series of propositions or statements but not necessarily. A
concerted articulated field of human action sequences (dance, riot,
journey, festivity, battle, ceremony, etc) might constitute a speech in the
sense I mean. A financial or game-like or sexual transaction might
constitute a speech (albeit a possibly tedious one). In my example I
considered an equation in physics that would 'explain' or sum-up the world
or something (a potent dream of physicists and mystics everywhere) would be
an attempt at a complete speech. Speech in the sense I mean it is like the
structuralist sense of 'parole' as distinct from 'langue' (Language). The
best place I can refer anyone for more of this usage of the word is:

Alan Blum (1974) 'Theorizing', Heinemann, London.

and

Stanley Rosen (1969) 'Nihilism: a philosophical essay', Yale U.P., London.

I hope this suffices.

be good

MP

...end of speech