ontological difference and subjectivity

Mr. Scheetz has postulated an interesting question to differentiate
ontological Dasein with Being.

It seems to me that Dasein "becomes" "Being" in an authentic mode of
Desein. And Hedegger presupposes subjectivity that could be echoed with
Being as Ground, which he terms as "primordiality" of Being. Thus, the
way in which Being is unconcealed to Dasein(if you recall "Man is
shepherd of Being") is already prefigured as far as Dasein as
subjectivity is presupposed. Thus, Dasein is a precondition for Being,
and authenticity is something in which Dasein wants to identify itself.
This identificatory resonance is the act of subject, or Dasein, to
"Being." This seems to be what Heidegger proposese as "fundamental
ontology."

Ontic dimension of Dasein seems to be cut off in Heidegger, I guess.
Ontic has something to do with epistemology, while the ontological has
more to do with the "existential," or identity. In his discussion on
Hisotry and Volk, the ontological dimension of Dasein is clear. This is
beacause primordial Being is an echo of Volk that is already in Hisotry.

Mitsein is manifestatin of community, in which the Other is made
transparent. This is because Mitsein is a part of ontological
constitution of Dasein. Thus, Dasein is already in a community within
which it dwells.

My question to ask here is how Mitsein and Mitdasein are different?

Mitsuhiro Fujimaki
The University of Iowa
mitsuhiro-fujimaki@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: ontological difference and subjectivity
    • From: Christopher Rickey