Re: On strife and violence (fwd)

Tom, One should not accuse others of being naively totalitarian without
some reasoned justification. Although, since you seem to be watering-down
'totalitarianism' just as badly as 'violence,' it is hard to see what the
charge even amounts to coming from you. Still, if not violent, very rude.
(Given your obvious proprietary feelings about the whole Q of violence, I'd
have thought you'd at least be a little more sensitive to the way in which
this faceless interaction foments hostility).