tuning up for the show, again

Tom Blancato quotes Paul Murphy recently who has worried over:

>from SZ: "Dasein can, should,
> and must become master of its moods". I've forgotten the page number.

Firstly, being helpful: the quote is from B&T (Macquarrie & Robinson
trans.) p175 and belongs to Part 1, Section 5, subsection 29 'Being-there
as a state-of-mind', German edition p.136. And it reads in my English
edition as:

"Factically, Dasein can, should, and must, through knowledge and will,
become master of its moods..." the text continues a little further on with:

"...when we master a mood, we do so by way of a counter-mood; we are never
free of moods. Ontologically, we thus obtain as the first essential
characteristic of states-of-mind that they disclose Dasein in its
throwness, and -- proximally and for the most part -- in the manner of an
evasive turning-away. [] A mood assails us. It comes neither from 'outside'
nor from 'inside', but arises out of Being-in-the-world, as a way of such
Being."

It seems that 'will' and 'knowledge' guide moods from one to the next and
that such will-ful guidance is what constitutes mood-mastery which might
also include the knowledge that we are never free of moods. Dasein is
attuned always in some way or another: in being-in is in-being. A world
that matters to us in some way is disclosed in being-attuned in having a
mood. We do not have a mood in the sense of possessing it (like money or
things in our possession) nor does the mood have us (although it may 'feel'
this way). Mood is ringing, resonating, a two-fold-in-one, and like a
musical passage, a pealing of tones, one passage leads to another in a ring
or round.

Mastery? 'Mastery' here is per-haps (a form of wisdom) a letting-be that
under-stands the passage from one to the next and watches over that which
is disclosed through the journey. Perhaps we should look closer at what
Heidegger might mean by 'knowledge' and 'will' such that 'mastery', as
letting-be in the never-ending sequence of mood passages (a conductor
without a baton?), can call on them as means. What kind of will-ing is here
in tune with the incessant passages? Perhaps one that wrests the
disclosures of time? What connection does this have with the augenblichlich
of resoluteness? What do 'knowledge', 'will' and 'mastery' translate in the
German S&Z? This might be revealing. Any thoughts?

There will be an answer, let it be.

Sprechestimme Pennamacoor.