RE: Sartre, phenomenology, etc, again.

Chris,

Thank you so much for your response to my posting about
reflective/pre-reflective consciousness. It will take some time to digest
it. In the mean time I thought I would ask another question... and forward
the question to the Heidegger list in case someone else might like in on it.

Having now been corrected with respect to the use of the terms "reflective"
and "pre-reflective" consciousness as being essentially Sartrean, I was now
wondering if there is a correlation between Sartre's
reflective/pre-reflective "knowing" and Heideggers ready-at-hand versus
present-at-hand. I read that verstehen (understanding) and state-of-mind
(befindlichkeit) are both forms of approaching meaning. Verstehen always has
its befindlichkeit and visa versa. Verstehen refers to a "once-removed" sort
of understanding that falls into the category of theory... and, I presume,
reflection. Befindlichkeit refers to a direct understanding that might
better be found in forms of feeling (which is still a rational function as
far as Jung is concerned). It seems like the former is similar to reflective
consciousness while the latter is similar to pre-reflective consciousness.
Am I completely off track here?? And if so...how?

Michael