Re: Truth?!?

Perhaps you can say what you think truth--which is not for you
historically relative--is? What is--to return to the beginning
here--the truth about truth? If you think that Q has an answer,
maybe you could say what it *is*?

> > >To call Truth "what we have never had" begs the question.
> >
> > Yes, but what I said we'd never had was not truth per se, but a
> > non-historically relative understanding of truth. Truth, to restate
> > the central point which you explicitly denied and now drop, has a
> > history.
>
> So what is historically relative? Our understanding of truth? Or truth
> itself? It seems you are equating the two. I don't. I still deny truth
> is historical the way Heidegger formulates it. I take it you believe what
> Heidegger says about truth?
>

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

"Supposing truth is a woman--what then? Are there not grounds for
the suspician that all philosophers, insofar as they were
dogmatists, have been very inexpert about women? That the gruesome
seriousness, the clumsy obtrusiveness with which they have
approached truth so far have been awkward and very improper methods
for winning a woman's heart? What is certain is that she has not
allowed herself to be won..."
Nietzsche, Preface to BGE.