Re: Thoughtless thinking

> "More of the same Heideggerian line: Pro-duction is the root of all evil
> (sorry, forgetfulness). Casting forth beings on the assembly line."
> He seems to regard it as sufficient, in order to dismiss something said
on this
> list, to assert that it is a "Heideggerian line" of thinking.
> This is just as silly as regarding it as sufficient, in order to accept
> something said on this list, to assert that it is a "Heideggerian line"
of
> thinking.

Nooononono, I'm not dismissing anything. I'm just pointing out that there
is such a thing as a "Heideggerian line". We've got to get over the line.
I'm not dismissing the line, just trying to get over it. (Like overcoming
metaphysics.) You guys are so quick to condemn me (egad! now I'm addressed
in the third person!) just because I don't toe the party line. All I'm
doing is trying to get to agreement on the essentials of Heidegger and then
prevent his contributions from hardening into gnostic dogma.

In other words, don't accept or dimiss because the line is Heideggerian;
find the Heideggerian line, and then find the way over.

> Discourse as I understand it consists in something more than clever
little
> savage quips sandwiched in between what someone else has to say in this
forum.
> The above is just one of many examples and is not restricted to my posts.
> Nor does it seem fruitful to place grand, sweeping assertions in this
list when
> there is nothing offered to back them up.

So I'm saying too little? Egad I can't win! I post too much for some and
not enough for others. I disagree with Heidegger and I'm everybody's
target!

Quips and generalities open things up. I'm just trying to get you to talk
to me. Your own discourse is cloned from Heidegger and I'm just trying to
shake you out of it. I'm serious! I can find stylistic parallels in
Heidegger for everything you say! This is why I called your posts "high
quality"... I felt I had a chance to do the elenchus with Heidegger
himself.

But, man, it sounds like you're jamming out on me! You kept going as long
as you were in the mode of instructing me, but now you bail when my
questions get uncomfortable. I thought we were on the verge of starting to
get somewhere... but, yeah, I agree I'm all over the place, covering lots
of ground with many zingers. Wanna focus on one topic?

Chris Morrissey
More C Communications Inc.
a Microsoft Solution Provider
http://www.moreC.com voice or fax 604.877.7731