Re: Re: PHILOSOPHY AS THE DENIAL OF PHILOSOPHY

From: Calypso <calypso_1001_2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PHILOSOPHY AS THE DENIAL OF PHILOSOPHY
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:52:54 +0100 (BST)

Jud writes:

>>"for the sensing of "Being" is just
>>the way that the bodybrain registers that it is
>>conscious of the world in
>>the brain's way of cognising
>>which it finds itself — the notion of "Being" is
>>that it is "switched on" and that the human being
>>which it is — is the human
>>being which it is."

>Just want to ask what kind of (presumably real or
>existing) thing is a/the way ("bodybrain registers..."
>or "brain's way of cognising...", and so on)?

It seems like Kantian/Heideggerian intuition.

>In the
>sense that you mean it, what is a "way" if it is to be
>something that "exists" (alongside?) with/as well as,
>the "bodybrain" existing thing?

Intuition functions in a certain way - and
uses the senses as an instrument.

>If your notion of
>"way" does not "exist", in what other way do mean by
>"way" that seems so essential to the "bodybrain" and
>all the other things that "exist" in your sense?

There is intuition, as there is thinking -
intuitus vel conceptus, as Heidegger says.

>You
>are always referring to the "ways something exists"
>and so on.

Not unlike Heidegger's modes of being.

BTW, I completely agree with Jud that Being
is an ontological concept.
There is no Being-of-an-X as such. Being of
an X as such is Nothing, following Heidegger.
Being-as-such is mere ontotheology.

The question remains what the status is of
the undifferentiated X that is "registered",
to borrow Jud's term.

Heidegger maintains that it is Nothing but
not a nihil absolutum.

Henk