Re: PHILOSOPHY AS THE DENIAL OF PHILOSOPHY

In a message dated 28/08/2004 12:24:58 GMT Standard Time, hvtuijl@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

From: Calypso <calypso_1001_2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PHILOSOPHY AS THE DENIAL OF PHILOSOPHY
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 06:52:54 +0100 (BST)

Jud writes:

>>"for the sensing of "Being" is just
>>the way that the bodybrain registers that it is
>>conscious of the world in
>>the brain's way of cognising
>>which it finds itself — the notion of "Being" is
>>that it is "switched on" and that the human being
>>which it is — is the human
>>being which it is."

>Just want to ask what kind of (presumably real or
>existing) thing is a/the way ("bodybrain registers..."
>or "brain's way of cognising...", and so on)?

Henk
It seems like Kantian/Heideggerian intuition.

Jud:
Hi Henk
No, "intuition" doesn't exist - only the intuiter - the intuiting human
holism exists.
Having the notion of "Heideggerian intuition" is simply the human holism
in the existential modality [existing in the manner of...] of "having the
notion of Heideggerian intuition".

>In the
>sense that you mean it, what is a "way" if it is to be
>something that "exists" (alongside?) with/as well as,
>the "bodybrain" existing thing?

Intuition functions in a certain way - and
uses the senses as an instrument.

Jud:
No, the INTUITER - the INTUITING human holism functions in a certain way
and exists using its senses as an instrument with the help of which it can
continue
intuiting.

>If your notion of
>"way" does not "exist", in what other way do mean by
>"way" that seems so essential to the "bodybrain" and
>all the other things that "exist" in your sense?

Henk
There is intuition, as there is thinking -
intuitus vel conceptus, as Heidegger says.

Jud:
There is a human holism which at times cognises by employing fresh (ready to
hand)
memory, and there is the same human holism which at times thinks or
cognises employing partly
remembered, half forgotton fragments of memory, which when "bundled" provide
a viewpoint upon which some endevour can be intitiated or abandoned. We
refer to the sacond form of thinking as: "intuition."

>You
>are always referring to the "ways something exists"
>and so on.

Henk
Not unlike Heidegger's modes of being.

Jud:
Yes, I prefer "modes of existing" for being gets confused with "Being" with
horrific consequences for philosopy.

Henk
BTW, I completely agree with Jud that Being
is an ontological concept.
There is no Being-of-an-X as such. Being of
an X as such is Nothing, following Heidegger.
Being-as-such is mere ontotheology.

The question remains what the status is of
the undifferentiated X that is "registered",
to borrow Jud's term.

Jud:
The X that is registered is the "self" as a sensing organism [one of the
names we you when referring to the human holism).

Heidegger maintains that it is Nothing but
not a nihil absolutum.

Jud:
There is no catagorisation of "nothing" possible." "Nothing" is an absolute
which does't exist even as an absolute.

Henk

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---