Re: no -- where?

>From: Jan Straathof <janstr@xxxxxxx>
>To: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: no -- where?
>Date: Sat, Sep 4, 2004, 11:40 pm
>

> Michael tragically poeted:
>
>>I read today
>>of little children
>>their bodies broken
>
> but, it's all about the oilwars Michael, you know the Caucasus is
> an oil rich region with Chechnya vital for the pipelines. When the
> Yukos-Texas deal finally collapsed a week ago, the shit started to
> happen and within one week we have: two airliners down near Tula
> and Rostov, a suicide bombing outside a Moscow metro station and
> the school massacre in Beslan. The West, especially the USA, the UK
> and Israel, has highjacked the Chechen cause to use it as a weapon
> against Russia, i.e. to undermine its political stability and grab its
> mineral resources. As Putin said today: "...somebody wants to cut
> a fat piece of our country, and somebody still helps them, because
> of worring that Russia is nuclear state, and Russia is the danger for
> their plans to rule the world..."
>
> yours,

Thanks, Jan, but whether one buys into this 'conspiracy' or not, my real
question in my piece was whether humans can ever stop buying into revenge
(meant philosophically as in Nietzsche's 'revenge against time and its it
was', the very history of metaphysics and its allies {gestell, etc}, that
keeps humans bound in these vicious cycles). This, in some ways, comes down
to the ways humans use the earth (economic plundering & devastation,
'conservation' too, etc), more importantly that humans _use_ the earth at
all; can we ever leave it all a-lone? Let (it) be? Where is the no?

regards

michaelP

  • Re: no -- where?
    • From: Jan Straathof