RE: [fyi] Economic Mythology

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens bob scheetz
Verzonden: dinsdag 5 oktober 2004 18:29
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: [fyi] Economic Mythology

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bakker, R.B.M. de" <R.B.M.deBakker@xxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:40 AM
Subject: RE: [fyi] Economic Mythology

Rene,
i like what you say as applied to Power; but i don't understand how you
can fail to distinguish between the creatively heuristic constructs of the
spirit and the meretricious usages of power?

Bob,
I think reality (art expositions, philosophical, political discussions) itself
shows their contamination. The analysis of contamination though serves the one
and only purpose of difference. Difference of 1: power (Macht), that remains
closed in itself, and ends in violence 2: the power of capability and will.
(Vermoegen). One has to go deep into (the indifference of) power, to set them
apart. There is a *constellation*: power (1) gets overwound, when and as long
as (2) is blocked. (1) is therefore dependent on what (1) itself is not
*capable* of admitting: an unpower at the heart of power. Must get uglier and
better visible. (obesity and cold cynicism (doggishness) cannot lie)

...got to go restore the spirit
thanks, rene, think finally get your pt, ...only can't yet concede it
exclusive validity.

Validity would imo be the inadequate word here, because we're not talking
of content and intent, but of whether the content and intent and their
restoration make a chance, when the power of nihilism is not wholly fathomed.
The best intentions can do the greatest harm here. They mostly grow on
the weak ground that cannot resist the persistance of escapist war mongers,
as is the case of Kerry, Friedman and all those who succumb to modern terror.
It's either/or here, but not for my sake, not because i would have sthing
that i know better.

But you hit the nail on the head: it is precisely this that nobody could
grant to Heidegger: that he broke through subjectivism. Instead they
take his theory, claim its superioriority and remain just what they were.
If needed, they always can ridicule the 'subject' Heidegger.
While i say: it's either *being* the Da, or merely talking about.
Between these there can be no mediation. That is: after the in-difference
has been carried to the end.

Silly. As if one can stop the message by killing the messenger.

thanks again too, Bob, talking to you always pays off.

rene