Re: total war awe

Malcolm writes,

In this sense the end of the Nazi regime and the formation of the UN order did not usher in a new era of democracy and freedom, it just allowed the old system to continue on its merry way to the next seemingly inevitable conflagration. That's a commonplace theme of course, but we do seem to be historically privileged to see the whole structure unravel before our eyes as modernity reenacts itself as a history of calamity.

no, no, this is not a commonplace in the least bit. The reality is that most people live one day at time and cheque to cheque and don't care about having the privilige of historiographical interpretation. It's common maybe to nerdy intellectuals who are more interested in the relation of basket weaving and the texture of language and when that's just too much pleasure they feel guilty and want to be responsible for fixing everybodies problems. Don't get me wrong I think we do need an energy boost otherwise we will get lost in the very real depression of the black hole of passive nihilism. Perhaps we need active nihilsm understood as the embodyment of a void and that can only happen imo with an attunement of 'the tone' whose path me and rene have been indicating and tracking down through originary sources which is to say as potential renewable energy. This it seems is the *spark* of co-operative symbiotic asymmetrical relations that binds us into an ephemeral people without identifying marks other than to be in the constant process of metamorphosis, of transformative revolution and overthrow of subjectivity.

weaving his net,
tympan

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx