Re: BT, Section 45

On Sun, 16 Jul 1995 PhilMill@xxxxxxx commented on David
Schenk's post by saying:

> You say you would like to see "how literally we can
> take Heidegger's assertion in _History of the Concept of
> Time_ that "Dasein _is_ its time."
>.... I do think it would be difficult to answer the
> question you're asking without first clarifying why it is
> that we're subject to the authentic/inauthentic
> disjunction in the first place.

It seems to me that it is an Enlightenment model of the mind that makes it
seem puzzling that we are subject to the authentic/inauthentic
disjunction. Moreover, what is most interesting about Heidegger to me is
the way he knocks us way out of the Kantian version of an Enlightenment
picture of mind, the picture that told us that the mind constructed the
world in a particular way, with particular categories, every time, every
day, from birth to death.

On the other hand, I have a problem with our thinking of the
authentic/inauthentic model as though these were based on a real (i.e.,
metaphysical) distinction in reality rather than an uncovering of a
dimension of experience based on this creative metaphorical language.

..Lois Shawver