Re: [mpisgmedia] [scan] NGO Biodiversity Strategy rejected(+remembering Lalkhet)

Rajesh, I got the mail re BD Act 36(1). I have not
checked the archive, but here in case it is not there:

36.(1) The Central Government shall develop national
strategies, plans, programmes for the conservation and
promotion and sustainable use of biological diversity
including measures for identification and monitoring
of areas rich in biological resources, promotion of in
situ, and ex situ, conservation of biological
resources, incentives for research, training and
public education to increase awareness with respect to
biodiversity.

---

36(1) does not empower GoI to make action plans.
NBSAP process is full of holes. by defending it in the
manner they have chosen KV/TPCG & shekhar singh (he
was on NBSAP steering committee, no?) have revealed an
identical position on Bd. i am not aware of any KV
criticism of shekhar singh's role in CEC re Aravali Bd
Park. KV does claim role in Delhi ridge and as NBSAP
coordinator can hardly claim to be unconnected with
Aravali Bd Park of same vintage. so?

- gita

--- "Rajesh R." <ratnam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I e-mailed Kanchi Kohli and Ashish Kothari of KV to
> ask about this.
>
> They say that Sekhar Singh is not a part of KV, and
> his role on the SC
> Committee is not connected in any way with KV. KV
> had nothing to do with the
> Aravali Bd Park.
>
> My earlier message on the Biological Diversity Act
> 2002 empowering the
> Central Government to prepare a biodiversity
> conservation strategy does not
> seem to have come through on the list.
>
> Rajesh

Yahoo! Music Unlimited