Re: [mpisgmedia] SPV in Mumbai / JnNURM

Posted on 06 Jan 2006 # IANS
Mumbai needs new administrative system: Chidambaram

Mumbai: Finance Minister P. Chidambaram Friday said
Mumbai needed a new system of governance that
recognised the fact that it is the country's most
populated city.
... at "India Ahead: Tomorrow Matters"... conclave of
captains of Indian industry organised by Zee Business
and Videocon.
"We have announced an ambitious programme called the
National Urban Renewal Mission in which a huge sum of
money has been set apart to fund specific urban
projects."
In line with his budget promise made last year,
Chidambaram said he would provide funds as and when
the Maharashtra government came up with viable
proposals to develop Mumbai

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=80547

on 05.01.06