ARCHITECTURE: Chaos Theory.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: churayj@xxxxxxxxxx (raymond Chung)
Subject: Re: Chaos Theory
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (USENET News System)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1992 18:36:11 GMT

In article <BwsFvy.FzJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, s0558191@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Chris
Belanger) wrote:
> This [city planning according to a rulebook] has been done, ANdre Duany
and Elizabeth Plater-Zybeck have made
> a career out of planning cities ( their most well known is Seaside in Florida)
> The do the zoning as well as defing aesthetic requirements. The strictness
> of the rules vary, but they are enough to give the planned area a specific
> character.

I'm familiar with Seaside and other cities of theirs, but they are, from
what I understand, residential communities. I'm talking BIG URBAN CITIES,
Batman's Gotham City. Would a rulebook help a vastly mixed-income
community (Seaside is, I dare say, a not unwealthy neighborhood) come
together? For example, what would a "rich man" think of a "poor man" if
they lived in the same type of architecture?

? = ! > .

r a y m o n d C h u n

someone tell me why we gave up on the bauhaus