Re: ART: Practicing Arts Program, CAL, Berkeley.

Howard,
Re: your request for creating an alumni group in Pennsylvania for
Berkeley's "development"/fund-raising needs. and you proposed the
idea of "polycentered programs related to the arts" trhoughout the world
by former alumni (with centralized monitoring from the Berkeley school).

Comment: I guess it sounds fine. But would it fly with the people who
made the original request to you AND the people tring to raise the most
amount of $$$ for Berkely. You said that funds could be raised via
fees for instruction at the poly-branch program areas being partially
forwarded to the Berkely center.....but....each smaller "branch" will
end up in $$$$ need as well, and thus, IMHO, at first thought, it sounds
not a cost effective (though FUN) solution when thinking of FUND-RAISING
or DEVELOPMENT. rather, more of an administrative giant!

I think the "development" though could work to bring in a lot of $$$
and consequently NEW things AT BERKELY via reaching out to alumni
across the country AND letting them do SOMEETHING like you suggest (partially)
in order to build interest and $.

Just a quick first thought on this; I've been in some development classes
lately and fund-raising has been on my mind.

Tom
Evola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx