Re: Architecture and Electricity

On Wed, 13 Jul 1994 17:21:25 -0500, David Lee Smith wrote:

>Of course you could also consider the architectural response to
>architecture. That is, how has electricity altered architectural form?
>There are two aspects to this question. In what ways has architectural
>form been able to develop as a result of electricity? In what ways has the
>inclusion of electricity as a necessary service imposed on architectural
>form?

This is the Question I am hoping to approach.
I am not close enough to guess. So far I have assumed it's impact
to be internalized in form, (packaged). Aesthetically, I would think
that electric light has been the most evident. And presently, automation
in buildings causing the form to be automatic.

Does anybody else have ideas/insight/observation on this question?

bc