Re: ethics

ashley lane <lanea%PUFFIN.CURTIN.EDU.AU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If this list needs something to talk about try this.
>What are the ethical and moral implications involved in architecture?
>Can we make students work for us? 'and pay us for the priveledge'
>Can we ride shotgun over a client in the name of ego?
>Can we copy designs, our own industry rarely stops us.?
>Do our clients have the right to pay for us to vent
>our personal demons.
>yes there is an assignment in here somewhere, so any
>flames please send to me personally so as not to embarrass
>my net presence.
>any information or opinions on ethics and morals within the
>professional world of architecture would be appreciated
>e-mail : lanea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here, the architecture schools teach with Political Correctness.
I had to leave architecture school once already because my speech
was not "correct" for architecture, and I was also told that I would
"go to jail" if I kept it up. Architecture!

In addition to this censorship in which the individual pays for not
"shutting up," there is also an abundance of political rhetoric
(in reading assignments) thrown at the students in required classes.
Either you agree with these ideas, or you battle them out with the
teacher and get a name for yourself. If you have not yet formed your
position, you are in deep shit.

It is funny that students may have answers to questions, but because
the teachers aren't expecting an answer, they hear nothing.
The student loses, the teacher loses, the schools lose, and things
stay the same, except with the increase in the educator's power.