Re: Innovative Architecture

>What is worse than building old-fashioned houses, which could have been built
>decades ago and which are not able to fullfill the increasing demands of our
>society?

Nothing in the world wrong with using new things that work better than the
old. But I hear desire for 'innovation' as a substitute for problem-solving
for the client. What is wrong with old fashioned houses, platform framing
with 2 x 4, masonry, etc. etc.? How are these 'old fashioned' (what a
slur!) techniques not sufficient for the challenges of the future?

David Sucher...author/photographer...Seattle, Washington
CITY COMFORTS: How to Build an Urban Village
CITY COMFORTS is not about any particular city.
The book is an attempt to shift the focus of public policy discussion from
systems and large projects and grandiose visions to the details that create
our daily experience. It is about a way of looking at and speaking about
our physical environment.