Being towards death etc.

To understand Heideggerian authenticity one must understand dying,
as distinguished from demise. To understand death means to understand
Dasein's forerunning of it (anticipation). I understand this forerunning
to be intimately related to being-towards-death.
Could someone shed some light on being-towards-death for me? Is
there a way to describe such being for Dasein in terms other than the
'being-towards' formulation? For example, one could substitute a
formulation like
"being-towards-the-possibility-of-the-absolute-impossibility-of-further-poss
ibility-for-Dasein," but this seems frankly like semantics. I think I
understand the notion of ek-sistence (pressing into possibility) as a
'future' of Dasein.
What does it 'look like' for one to be towards something? I wonder
if we should understand the forerunning towards death to be a similar
pressing toward that possibility as ek-sistence is a pressing into the
world's possibilities.
Is there a phenomenal distinction between authentic
being-towards-death and inauthentic flight from death falling in the world?
I don't understand whether this way of being amounts to constantly
reminding oneself, 'Only with my death will my Dasein be complete.'
(Surely that takes death to be mere demise.) Could it be something so
facile? Does such being reside in a constant mood of anxiety feeling
uncanny? (This seems to me to be a possibility, but I haven't found
textual support for that interpretation.)

...Thanks in advance, Colin