Re: atheism

>Thanks to everyone who helped with this question. I am writing a paper on
>Heidegger and the gods, partly because I am intrigued by this idea of
>being an ontic atheist but being open to the "spiritual".

(Agnes Heller has some interesting ideas about Heidegger and the "gods of
greece". I don't actually know if she has ever published them.)

> If I may throw another cat among the pigeons, while I cannot find
>a definitive statement to this effect, my impression is that whatever
>form genuine spirituality may take, it would definitely *not* be
>Christian. Heidegger seems to hold that Christianity is *essentially*
>metaphysical, and hence essentially nihilistic. Any views on this?

Why does Heidegger's always closely chosen language bear such an explicit
relationship to Christianity? What of the language of a/the fall and
guilt? Are these merely the epi-phenomena of his "influences", or is there
another significance here?
Verne