Re: re Husserl/Heidi Martin

Ted Vaggalis wrote:

> You should know that this issue has come up before and that Heideggerians
> are notorious for burying this issue. My experience is that there is a
> tendency on this list to ignore these posts. So, if you are ignored, know
> that the arrow has nonetheless hit its mark!
>
> At 05:31 AM 5/22/96 -2400, you wrote:
> >The exchange re Husser/Heiddegger warrants some clarification.
> >H was a Nazi,that is indisputable.That makes me feel quite
> >uncomfortable.
> >Name
> > one other Nazi who is studied seriously today.Now to state that the
> >business of the man has nothing to do with his work is -a
> >position.
> >I would suggest that a philosopher in the service of the Reich
> >has some explaining to do.Is ontology so divorced from history?
> >
> >Wilton Rodger
> >

> > --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---
> >

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

I don't think it gets buried on the list. Indeed it usually seems to spark intense debate. Personally, it
fills me with boredom...a "been then, done that" thread that I, for one, would like to move
beyond...however, not wanting impose excessive violence on those not immediately experiencing terminal
ennui upon seeing Heidegger and Nazi in the same sentence, would suggest reading Derrida's "Of Spirit:
Heidegger and the Question"....Good Luck! Hopkins

  • Re: re Husserl/Heidi Martin
    • From: Anthony F. Beavers