Re: re Husserl/Heidi Martin

Anthony F. Beavers wrote:

> Hopkins,
>
> I'm curious as to why you suggested Derrida's _Of Spirit_. I read it and
> didn't get much out of it. What makes you suggest that title in the
> current context?
>
> Thanks,
> Tony
>
> ________________________________________________________________________>
> A.F. Beavers, Ph.D. Assoc. Prof. Philosophy & Religion
> U of Evansville, Evansville, IN 47722 812-479-2682
> Metaphysics, Contemporary Continental Philosophy

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

It has been awhile since I read "Of Spirit", however the reason that I
suggested it to anyone interested in Heidegger and the Nazi stuff is how
Derrida traces the rise (or fall)of spirit in Heidegger's work from his
careful suspension of the term within quotation marks at the beggining
of his work to a certain loss of that suspension and Heidegger's
emersion into the "Nazi" time and then the turn (as I recall) away from
the dangers of "spirit"...a very torturous and dangerous path...Good
Luck, Hopkins