Re: Truth?!?

It seems to me that Heidegger brackets the whole subject of the "truth" as
operating on a phenomenal level, avoiding the Kantian notion, I suppose, of
two orders of truth (the phenomenal and the noumenal). Heidegger does seem,
however, to carve out a place for the noumenal _within_ the phenomenal as an
interpretive possibility, or at least that is my impression.

Following Heidegger's notion of Aletheia, I would just define "truth" in
this way: The truth is that which conceals nothing. Which, of course,
doesn't mean that it, itself, is not concealed (in the form of the Letheia,
if you will). Nietzsche, I believe, says somewhere that the desire to see
the truth "naked" is indecent. (Of course, then he turns around and dubs
himself an "Immoralist.")

Steve