Re: Heidegger and Gnosticism

On Fri, 20 SepChris Morrissey writes:

>Not at all. Socrates was charged with impiety and corrupting the
>youth.
>Hardly an upright moralist. The irony was he was trying to be even
>more
>moral than the upright moralists. Not beyond good and evil, but good
>above
>and beyond the call of duty. A hero in many ways.

Maybe I am jumping on a dead-equine, but Socrates was unjustly charged
with impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens. Socrates' problem was
taht he couldn't communicate with those who were passionately against him
in such a way that they understood what he was doing.

>Socrates spoke not the language of common sense for its own sake but
>engaged in creating aporias using nothing but the language of common
>sense
>itself. In this way, in the aporia, the dimension beyond the common
>was
>indicated. The way into this dimension was open to anyone willing to
>speak
>plainly, open to anyone saying and affirming exactly what he believed
>to be
>true at every turn of the dialogue.

Didn't I jsut say this? His problem was that he spoke plainly.