Re: Rene and Philosophy II

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bakker, R.B.M. de" <R.B.M.deBakker@xxxxxx>
To: <heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 7:13 AM
Subject: RE: Rene and Philosophy II

Philosophers
> often are unknowingly troubled by (1), and therefore go quickly to (2).
> But for the same reason they cannot recognize lying there.
>

> 2. Basic lies. They lie at the basis of 'what is today'. But as lies they
> don't present themselves as the truth of what is today. Rather, what is
> today, tends to remain hidden. It remains the best hidden, when there
is
> no (belief in) truth. The consequent insecurity opens the door to
terror.
> Massive weakness asks for a master. Truth then is no longer a problem.
> Because everyone lives actually in (1), everydaylife is more and more
> corrupted. (progress)
> Once again: the concrete, physical consequences of a metaphysics that
> is so fundamental, that, if its legacy is denied (lied about), only
> will reign stronger.

frankfurt'rs would completely agree, ...marxists have been indefatigably at
this critique, -the ideological enculturation inflicted on the defenseless
by bourgeois power, for near a century and half now. The discourse of Power
is strategic and therefore "lies". I think this level is almost universally
comprehended.

but what follows now seems to me a level #3, -an argument with ari's
categories, ...perhaps even problematizing "formality" altogether...

> The one, thanks to who this more than complex situation, can be
unraveled,
> is the one covered with the most and the worst lies. Look what the
subject-object
> relation does: "Heidegger is a Nazi"." "Nihilism is always to be
fought".
> "Always humans have used the subject-object relation, and they'll
always will."

...deconstructing the category "facticity"? certainly, here, "heid is nazi"
is a lie as used by the holocaust industry; nor even, tendentiousness aside,
does it capture the global vastness of the subject, the object, or the
predication; but, substitute the entire lit on the area and theoretically it
could. So, though partial, it still seems to me "h is n" is at bottom
factical and "true".

> But metaphysics, the s-o relation, or: ontological difference are
nothing
> absolute, but they 'are' [stop] geschichtlich.

rene, you began above on "victims" and "agents", and everyday factical life.
i can't get over that the "mine-ness" and "there-ness" of being has to
necessitate the primordiality of s-o. certainly an iraqi torture victim
today experiences the absoluteness of his subjecticity and objecticity, as
did a jew in himmler's camps, ...and as surely iphigenia felt the same long
before the pre-socratics began programming the western mind. At the same
time a sublating of s-o, facticity, for one-ness with being, -formerly das
heilege, is "true" and absolute, ...only not exclusively, eh?

thanks,
bob

Metaphysics is nothing in
> a book, it 'is', insofar it is continued, or left out. So metaphysics
is
> not a subject, of which essential attributes can be predicated -
already
> a CONSEQUENCE of subjectivist thinking - this subject is NOW rather a
lie -
> the way metaphysics is now, as what it 'is' (reigns) now rather
thoroughly
> unclear. When THIS is seen, noticed, THEN the realm of
questionworthiness,