[mpisgmedia] Leases of schools: Request for information u/s.4(1)(d) of RTI Act (GNCTD)

Director of Education
Room No.12, Old Secretariat
Delhi - 110054

Dear Sir,

Please refer to the following matters:
1. WP 8954-59/2003, Master Plan Implementation Support
Group v/s DDA & Ors (including Delhi Govt through
Chief Secretary)
2. CMP 3073/2005 (Master Plan Implementation Support
Group) in WP 15436/2004, Action Committee of Unaided
Schools v/s Directorate of Education & Ors
3. CMP 10352/2005 (Gita Dewan Verma) in WP 3156/2002,
Social Jurist v/s Delhi Govt & Ors

All of these pertain to the Delhi Master Plan
neighbourhood plan for common school system of which
the free seats condition is a small part, hardly
enforceable in isolation in any productive manner.

Your directorate is seized of the efforts that all
sections of the community have been jointly making
since 2000 in this regard -- not only through
Interventions at #2 and #3 in writs by schools and PIL
by Social Jurist, but also from forwardings of
communications from the Petitioners in the matter at
#1 to CMO in 2001 and later and to Chief Secretary in
2004-2005. Action / ATR on those forwardings has not
been forthcoming.

You have also not responded to requests (included in
interventions at #2 and #3) pursuant to Order of
27.10.05 to arrange a meeting of all schools and all
communities in the neighbourhood to evolve consensus
for compliance / progressive implementation of
neighbourhood school plan (proposal for which is
outlined in Annexure-IR/4 in #2).

On 16.06.05 Honble Justice Gita Mittal had asked for
copies of the Intervention at #2 to be provided to
counsel for parties for consideration of the proposal
(Annexure-IR/4) and a copy was also provided to your
subordinate who attends proceedings. This was after
your counsel told the court that the proposal that the
Action Committee had made to CM on 08.04.05 had been
rejected.

On 13.09.05, however, before the Division Bench of
Honble Acting Chief Justice your counsel and counsel
for Social Jurist and Action Committee (and also DDA)
pressed for a meeting with CM (while I, appearing in
person in the matter at #3, brought to the attention
of the court the proceedings before Honble Justice
Mittal) and the court directed a CM presided meeting.
Report/proposal arising from the same was submitte by
your counsel and rejected by the court on 07.12.05.
The issue was referred back to CM to re-consider in 6
weeks in consultation with experts and the matter
listed for 22.02.06. However, news reports of 15 &
16.12.05 quote your Minister, Mr Arvinder Singh
Lovely, saying that your Directorate has given DDA a
list of schools to cancel leases, DDA has started and
schools have moved court.

No information relating to this curious decision are
available on your website. The proposal submitted /
rejected on 07.12.05 is not on your website. Details
of meetings leading to it are not on your website.
Names of experts or other details of re-consideration
directed by court are not on your website. I asked
your official if our proposal was considered as asked
by Honble Justice Mittal and for reasons for its
rejection, but have received no response. Indeed, even
facts and figures about the *success* of your highly
publicised free-seats experiment are not on your
website even as it has been extrapolated to national
law in the Right to Education Bill, 2005, drafted by
CABE committee for Girls Education and Common School
System of which Mr Arvinder Singh Lovely was member.

You are requested to:

* expeditiously provide me, as affected party, the
afore-mentioned information under s.4(1)(d) of RTI Act
and also publish the same on your website under
s.4(1)(c).

* let me know forthwith the name and phone no / eml id
of the official from whom I can ascertain procedures /
fees and collect the same since your website displays
neither information mandatory under s.4(1)(b) of RTI
Act nor s.4(1)(d) procedures.

Yours truly
Gita Dewan Verma, Planner

cc:
RTI Nodal Officer / PIOs in DDA (wrt request re same
subject)
az plan