Re: [mpisgmedia] Metro-Men... do cmnty interaction, learn Ch.Chowk is heritage!

| this got yet best-practice nomination in bhagidaari?

Faced with public demand for a renaming during community interactions,
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided to rechristen 'Delhi Main'
on Line 2; boards, signages and train announcements will be reworked soon,
officials promised.
"There were requests from residents, traders and resident welfare
associations to change Delhi Main to Chandni Chowk as they felt that it
best described and identified the area. People also wrote to us that
Chandni Chowk is a heritage area and putting it on the Metro will help
people and tourists get there more easily. So we have decided to rename
the station," DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=165710
======

btw, DMRC is respondent in MPISG PIL for mehrauli-mahipalpur area, fielded
from 400 year old mahipalpur village, and refuses to interact with us.
we even wrote to friendly interaction letter to suggest how to hit INTACH
on head with F-Zone Plan (1998, provides report of Nalini statutory basis
and makes INTACH responsible, ie, INTACH should have given DMRC timely
advice to get the alignment near Qutb right and instead of being allowed
to crib could be sued for damages for causing loss of money and prestige
to DMRC by lapsing on a statutory obligation). but, no, it will only
interact with Bhagidaari certified communities and INTACH certified cons
and others suitably impressed by doctored-n-decorated ones. don!

btw, nalini, others, anuj dayal eml is anuj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx