Right to responsibly refuse to vote � simple, please forward

Citizens from a dozen places in Delhi were at EC today
to seek clarification / public statement about
procedure to refuse to vote. It is not clear if EC
will issue a statement, but the procedure is clear.

There are no forms to be filled, no letters to be
written, no demands needed. Just go to the polling
booth as usual, get identified as usual, get the ink
Then instead of signing and going to the EVM tell the
official you wish to refuse to vote and that remark
will be recorded against your name, the officer will
sign and then you sign and come out. Simple. Please
forward.

Form 17A being referred to in media is nothing but the
register of voters, which all voters sign at the
booth. To suggest to voters to fill Form 17A sounds to
me like a suggestion to capture the booth.

We think this none-of-the-above business needs to
stop. This *demand* makes no sense since a more
expansive right to refuse to vote exists. Not only do
have no basis to reject all candidates since media
tells us nothing about any except major players, this
rejection amounts to saying our democracy is incapable
of throwing up candidates worthy of representing us
and, by extension, that we are unworthy of democracy.
The letters submitted to EC today capture this
concern, see:

On Monday we plan to refuse-to-vote at our respective
booths and then gather at a central place ? someone
suggested Rajghat today ? to compare notes and decide
how to take this further. Please mail to
mpisgplanner@xxxxxxxxx if inclined to synergize.

PS.
On Pushta, reports of polling arrangements for which
led to all this as far as I am concerned, EC is likely
to bring out a public notice. I have made today a
formal request to be included among observers (law and
procedures permitting) on grounds of previous
representations, continuing documentation, etc.

---
In continuation of: